• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Putting The Art Back Into Birding... (1 Viewer)

that's weird Ken, but in this case not worth bothering about I think...
Bravo Nick the peregrines look great there, on with the guerilla bird wars all even if a few book battles are lost!

very strange Ken! If the image wasn't what they were after, I'd have at least thought they could tell you to let you have another go on it or decide not to have it included. Being credited with something you haven't done isn't always a good thing - though it's always nice to see your name in print.

Have infiltrated the LPO website with my peregrines from the other day: http://franche-comte.lpo.fr/index.php?m_id=54&mid=5522

Well done Comrade Derry! B :)

just had a message from somebody who saw the peregrines on the LPO website to say they were very pleased to see it and that it makes a nice change. The movement is gathering support!

I so wished you hadn't done that Tim ;)

Back on thread .. the request is for pen and ink 'realistic/recognisable-to-the masses' drawings of particular species asked for ... b&w only and something I'm not enjoying doing tbh .. I really don't like drawing in pen & ink!
'commissioned' for the next edition: Shorelark and Rouzel:(something's seem to have gorn a bit awry in the scanning)

captiviating work - so nice to see some new output from you, you've been very much missed here. I must confess that I hate drawing pen and ink - mostly because I am incapable of doing it!

Lovely drawings of the Ibis Phil. (A change from your usual annotated field notes!)

You must have been brave drawing in front of a load of twitchers!!!

All very nice Phil. Have you gotten any responses from people who visit that site? It would be great to have non-artists start contacting you about how much they enjoyed seeing them. And I'm willing to bet it will happen.

All very nice Phil. Have you gotten any responses from people who visit that site? It would be great to have non-artists start contacting you about how much they enjoyed seeing them. And I'm willing to bet it will happen.

Ken,

Responses are not important.

This is a "gentle-revolution".

If light rain did not fall?

A lake, so beautiful, would not eventually catch our eye.

In starting this thread, I looked for many rain-drops. A light rain has already begun to fall.

The thread is about a Revolution, where no money changes hands. The benefit comes from those who contribute, those who receive, and the ultimate consumer. Us.

It is a "Revolution" of Donation.

For without it, amateur art in birding may just as well go the same way as the Carolina Parakeet...

For it is already dying, as you know.

Field notes, original descriptions, anyone's sketches of their experiences, a feather, a witness statement?

A cold wind blows across the Desert leading to the Forest of Photographs!

It is up to us all!

And with the "fantasticness" of your work? I'm sure you could slip a few "curved-balls" into the sites around you?

No profit. But for saving Ornithology!

Let us all record, in our own ways!

AND, once again, MAKE THAT ACCEPTABLE to ALL! :t:;)B :)

And, in answer...

http://www.thebirdsofsouthgloucestershire.co.uk/

A link back to the link! ;)

Latest News:

Comrade Derry has put the Art back into Birding again!

Page 27 of the December issue of Birdwatch!

Should be in the shops soon....

Long time no visit but just heard that one of the Swedes on the Western Pacific trip I did in 2009 (see Pacific Sketchalogue thread) has just got his trip article published in Var Fagelvarld with some of my artwork in it - should be some of the attached.

cheers, Andrew

Attachments

• moustached treeswift_1.jpg
    moustached treeswift_1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Rufous Fantail_1.jpg
    Rufous Fantail_1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Tahiti Petrel_1.jpg
    Tahiti Petrel_1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 30
Brilliant work Andrew, and well placed!

More great Art for the Birding World!

PS Had to go back a way to find your thread. I am very impressed by your lovely work and a great little thread! I'm sure we would all like to view more of your latest work Andrew!

Here's Andrew's Pacific Shetchalogue. Check it out if you haven't seen it....

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=140540

Last edited:
Gaby,

Sorry. Can you be more specific? Which refers to art in birding?

Some great blogs though!

Here's a personal favourite "revolutionary" of mine. He has always kept the Art feeding back into Birding. And never stopped!

Probably one of my favourite bird artists too. Brilliance!

He contributes to "live birding" with his excellent reportage through Art.

Good Comrade Langman!

http://www.mikelangman.co.uk/mike_langmanFieldSketch.htm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back