• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

QR Tripod for PF80ED-A (1 Viewer)

rapinante

Hi,any suggestions on what Tripod/Head to attach on a Pentax PF80 ED-A?
It needs to be QR,sure.
Scope with eyepiece weights about 2 kilos.
I'm 2meters tall.
I'm gonna walk with it on the field.

Marcos

Marcos,

With the angled scope a tripod height of 140 cm (preferably without extended centre column) should be quite adequate. Head and scope will each add about 10 cm and you have to stoop to view.

The Manfrotto 701HDV would be a good choice for the head and the long QR plate should help you achieve good balance. Tripod choice is not that simple. Stable, light, inexpensive - pick two.

John

I liked the 701HDV site image,seems adequate for me,resistant,balanced for the long/heavy Pentax.Any place to look for used tripods John?

Many Thanks,
Marcos

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back