• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheapest UK batterypack website. (1 Viewer)

Johnny1

After several hours of searching UK websites for a battery pack for my CP775 I found this site www.cpc.co.uk which was by far the cheapest.
MH-DPB180M £49-83
MH-DPB140LI £54-35
Digital Still Powerpack £24-77
If you visit the site just type in "battery packs" in the search box,
the digital still power pack is on page 4, the MH-DPBs are on page 9.
If like me your camera takes Li-Ion batteries you will need the more expensive DPB140LI. For compatability charts visit www.mahaenergy.co.uk.
Many thanks to NIkon Boy who helped me with information on American sites.

No Problem.

Just to let you know. I used my Quantum 1+ battery pack this weekend for a dinner event. It is about 2 times in size and weight (at least) and it last 400+ pictures all with flash!! There are 4 bars for the power level and NONE was used up! Amazing power but heavy. I also used a EN-EL1 which last 70 pictures with flash.

Just another option. I think they go on EBay for about 70US.
Benefit of it is that you can power an external flash at the same time.

Last edited:
Graham, sorry about the delay in answering your query, yes I bought the MH-DPB140LI and is a big improvement on the smaller batteries. I no longer have to worry about the battery running out and usually have it on for a couple of hours continously.
My only complaint is with the "leather" case that came with it... the first time I used it the belt clip disintegrated!!! Anyway I replaced the clip with one off a mobile phone case.

Jonny1
Thanks for your reply ihave now got the powerex mh-dpb140li contacted cpc but they said they didnt do it so i got it from maha. Iam just trying it out its nice and small and seem to last well thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back