• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cover for lcd display on digital cameras (1 Viewer)

James

I'm losing it!
Just returned from Jessops and noticed they has a cover for a digicam lcd display that was like a bellows and sticks on the camera. Has anyone tried one? Did it work?

I must admit it looked a bit like cardboard and cost about £16 so may not be a bargain!

James.

Hi James

The cover might keep out unwanted light ,but youre still faced with the problem of having your eye to close to the screen to be able to see if the image is in focus.This is why I bought the LCD sunshade viewer from www.eagleeyeuk.com it has solved both the above problems.

Regards Stevo.

Thanks Stevo, I need to go and get more experience!!!
There's more to this digiscoping than I thought. Still it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise would it?

James

I use a cardboard tube available from many retail outlets, though you will need to do some modification work before it can be used as it comes wrapped in a great length of paper. Threaded on a neck string it makes an ideal shade for viewing small LCD screens on my DSLR and digital wallet.

P

Hi all,
I seem to remember that Andy Bright suggested using a cheap Jessops slide viewer as a monitor shade. This magnified the monitor image and is corrected to allow your eye to focus on the screen at a close viewing distance. I went for the xtendaview.

SM

I too went for the xtendaview, (£20+ish) which I then stupidly lost.

I then went to jessops and bought the slide viewer for £2, it does much the same thing in my opinion but just doesn’t look as nice, though it’s lighter and less inclined to fall off.
I looked at the cardboard bellows thingy in jessops too, then I thought….. well, I could make something that would work just as well out of a couple off matchboxes.

You can’t go wrong with the jessops slide viewer at £2, by some Velcro and saw a bit off it, sorted….

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back