• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cannon AE-1 power winder problem, Help? (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

I've recently bought a power winder for use with my Cannon AE-1 but I can't seem to get it to work.

Once attached if I manually wind the film on and then press the shutter release, after the picture is taken the motor wind kicks in but the film is not wound on. The motor wind then continues wiiiiiiring constantly until I switch it off.

Is there anything I should have set, twisted or turned....

Any ideas???

Hi Paul

It sounds like the power winder is not engaging properly with the film in the camera.I would try taking the power winder off the camera & then re-attaching it.If that does`nt work then take it back to where you bought it from.
Regards Steve. :eat:

The power winder seems to be working as I can make it wind if I complete the circuit across the control pins (normally performed by the camera after the shutter button is clicked).

The winding mechanism in the camera doesn't seem to be free to move. perhaps it needs slackening slightly by losening the holding screw? Any ideas?

Hi Paul

Do you already have a film loaded in the camera?Is it loaded correctly?I used to suffer sometimes from a very similiar problem with a AE1 Program camera if the film was not inserted properly then the winder would stick(dont force it though)
Regards Steve.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back