• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (12 Viewers)

The relutant sitter

Shows how pop. this part of the forum is . Had to go hunting for my thread.Coudn't resist having a go at this L.T.Tit from one of my blurd photo's.
Always move just as you press the shutter.
Water colour

Attachments

• L1240698.jpg
    L1240698.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
not being a true birder I had a bit of time trying to figure out what part of the bird I was seeing, but it is fresh and unusual

Sure is an unusual and brave angle to tackle! I think you've made it work though. As Tim says, it's a pretty usual vision of an incredibly flitty bird.

Mike

Nice use of an unusual angle for a painting (but a very common angle when looking for a small rare bird, in my experience anyway!). ;)

I like the unusual pose and the partial screening effect of having some branches between bird and viewer. One possible problem--it appears we are viewing the upper side of the near wing?? If so, then the secondary and primary feathers should be overlapping toward the wing-tip, not toward the body. This ornithological pickiness does not diminish the attractiveness of the painting one bit!

Sid I have done a whole wing wrong before now and had to change it.
Hi Mike .No not from the garden, about half a mile away on Kellingthe Heath. Had two for over half an hour. A lot of the time just a head peeking round a branch or trunk.

Wonderful work on the creeper, Arthur! I must say that in addition to all the extraordinary bird art coming from your side of the pond, I have enjoyed learning some species nicknames we don't use over here - 'mouse on a tree' is a perfect description.

Amazing what you can get from a blurred photo Arthur..!

It's also amazing some of the bizarre angles/attitudes that birds can produce...

I like....:t:

Phew!

Mike
:t:

Had to chuckle at Mike's reaction to a bird that finally is from somewhere other than your garden! Beautiful drawings of them.

I had to check to see if by chance they were the same as our Brown Creeper but I guess there must be some minor variation, Certhia familiaris vs. Certhia americana. Every time I see one I think it would be great to get a field sketch. But it's the cold more than anything else that I think prevents it. I only seem to see them in winter. All the more amazing then that you could get such detailed sketches in this weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back