• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cali Rufous (1 Viewer)

Chris D

Had my 1st Rufous on Feb 18th - which is not all that odd. There seems to always be ones that streak north. This year though - they have been consistent since that date. Prior to our current (State-wide) rains there really was no precip in Southern California. I kinda' think it's related. Chico is 80 miles north of Sacramento.

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, my first one arrived on Feb. 11th and is a record for our county of Lake. Now I've got 3 males and a female. I believe this female is a new record for me too since they usually arrive a couple weeks after the males.

It's been a strange winter. I had 16 anna's stay all winter where in the past there have been between 1 & 4.

There have been some early ones this year it seems. I haven't had any experience with this personally (but then again, I've haven't recorded rufous at all in this state so my comment is irrelevant).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back