• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Wrens", Western USA (1 Viewer)

opisska

rabid twitcher
Czech Republic
Three photos of things that look like a wren, but not very well as a specific one, from north CA, somewhere close to Yellostone from Montana side and south OR in the order of attachments. Thanks!

Attachments

• aMG_7535.JPG
    aMG_7535.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 64
  • bMG_3143.JPG
    bMG_3143.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 60
  • waMG_8848.jpg
    waMG_8848.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanks!

I wonder if Sedge Wren can be eliminated in #2 and Bewick's Wren in #1. I do think that #3 is Marsh.

In Peterson, Sedge Wren is about one state-width out of range. For number 1, hoping Bewick's is the main reason for asking, but sadly, this is the best photo.

1 looks like marsh wren, with those brown rufous flanks,
2. having trouble with this one, but I don't see an eye line and the tail looks too short for marsh wren. the habitat makes you jump to marsh wren but from what can be seen it says otherwise to me. not sure if that's the photo or the truth, if the latter I would guess between house wren and pacific wren.
3. marsh wren.

Sadly, no other photos of #2 are any good, but I am attaching some if it could be helpful.

Attachments

• bMG_3144.JPG
    bMG_3144.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 16
  • bMG_3146.JPG
    bMG_3146.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 26
  • bMG_3150.JPG
    bMG_3150.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 16
  • bMG_3167.JPG
    bMG_3167.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back