• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats Going On With Pentax's Prices ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Hi all ... I have been looking for a decent price on a new Pentax 65 ED II angled scope(body) for a friend ( $525 -550) & I see most sites have now raised the prices up to the mid $650. I wonder if this is due to the low supply now effecting the supply & demand in the market because of the disaster in Japan ? or is Pentax really getting out of the market. Not too long ago Ebay had some decent prices but that seems not to be the case recently. Maybe my friend should have pulled the trigger on a unit a month or so back when I told him to wait. ..gwen

Hi all ... I have been looking for a decent price on a new Pentax 65 ED II angled scope(body) for a friend ( $525 -550) & I see most sites have now raised the prices up to the mid $650. I wonder if this is due to the low supply now effecting the supply & demand in the market because of the disaster in Japan ? or is Pentax really getting out of the market. Not too long ago Ebay had some decent prices but that seems not to be the case recently. Maybe my friend should have pulled the trigger on a unit a month or so back when I told him to wait. ..gwen

Same opinion here.

I was about to go with pentax when I realized their prices were too high compared to similar optics from other brands.
Their pf65 is more expensive than the Regal100... so, kind of overpriced.

Same thing is happening to their DSLR now... their entry level K-r is far more expensive than Canon t3 for example.

I really believe it is not a good time to buy Pentax right now... even if it is one of my favorite optic brands all around, in my opinion it became overpriced.

I think the strong Yen combined with higher raw material costs is behind most if not all the price increases you are seeing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back