• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackbird chicks - Female missing (1 Viewer)

steve 777

Hello,

A female blackbird, rearing three chicks in my garden, has not shown today.
They hatched around a week ago. The male Blackbird is also missing.
They are situated in a wall planter in thick ivy.
Rang RSPA today - not very helpful.

I am aware it's best leave them but can you please confirm.
I just feel they will be dead tommorow and I just need to know if there is anything I can do. I am woried about cats and temperature tonight.

I am 99.9% sure that the parents are gone.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Steve.
10.pm UK
P.S Would it be possible for someone to please respond tonight. Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Hope the Blackbirds came back, it's a hard call to make, do we try to help or do we let nature take its course, to lose both birds is really bad and I hope at least one bird would return. In dry weather Blackbirds find it hard to find food so take much longer between nest returns. Fingers crossed everything will turn out well.

Nigel

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back