• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What time to put food out, morning or night? (1 Viewer)

Dan123

Hey ya'll. I was just curious about when you guys put your seed out for the non feeder birds. I'm talking loose seed. I use to put some out on the table at night ready for the morning. It's well sheltered from any rains or rats etc, though i don't believe many of them are here. But I haven't done that the last few nights, instead I have done early in the morning. But sometimes I don't want to disturb their morning feast lol :p So I was wandering when do you put your daily loose feed out?

I fill my feeders and put out my "loose seed" at night. I do this for the same reason you do. I hate disturbing the early morning arrivals.

I haven't any problems with pests, and the rabbits that visit prefer the corn on the cob to other seeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back