• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Theron Opttics (1 Viewer)

One thing that interests me is their field photos. At least one of those guys has Swarovski binos around his neck and another you may know as "Greenhorn" from another board is a died in the wool Swarovski fan, and I guarantee he used Swarovski binos and spotter on those hunts, as he has already discussed it elsewhere. Knowing that and posting those photos leaves me wondering about their advertising/marketing dept.

Last edited:
Here in Milwaukee on Craigslist, there is an offer of selling a Theron binoculars at full price.
They show in that ad that they are selling from Sussex, WI. The website above has a contact number that is a 262 area code which also covers Sussex, WI.
Rob.

One thing that interests me is their field photos. At least one of those guys has Swarovski binos around his neck and another you may know as "Greenhorn" from another board is a died in the wool Swarovski fan, and I guarantee he used Swarovski binos and spotter on those hunts, as he has already discussed it elsewhere. Knowing that and posting those photos leaves me wondering about their advertising/marketing dept.

Keep in mind that Photo Gallery is for Predator Optics Web site store. I know Greenhorn as a customer and friend. Like many of us he owns more than one pair of Bins. In another photo with a very large bear he is definitely posing with the Theron binoculars. He wanted a pair of 8X bins and uses Theron. I am sure if you PM'ed him on the hunting forums he would give you a honest review of the Theron Binoculars, in fact i would encourage it.
The customer photos are of people who use the products predatoroptics sells and that could be a spotting scope, or a hammock or knife for that matter. Or, a customer could use a Theron Spotter and still be posing with Nikon Bin's. It is a hunting website and that page is customer bragging board as much as product usage for that matter.
Yes... I am the owner behind Predator Optics LLC and the Theron Brand. Not trying to keep any secrets but i also never tried to sell or promote here on a public forum because hunters is the target customer for us. As far as marketing, we are small, and plan to grow slow through means of good feedback and referrals from happy customers. Or slogan is "spend on quality not the brand name"
Predator Optics and the Theron Brand is still in the early stages, kind of how many of the newer companies started in the not so far past so bear that in mind. I am working on getting reviews, and exposure at this time, but still have a hard time keeping products in stock as the bins are selling well with the dealers I have and there seems to be a lot of delays in glass production over seas at this time.
I come here just like a lot of the hunting crowd for the same reason, you bird guys know your optics and it is a great place for hunters and optic buyers and sellers to research. Not trying to hide anything, just no reason to "come out" as of yet.
But since you maybe wondering what is next, Theron will be marketing the spotting scope made in the Bosma Factory that was discussed in another topic. The 82mm ED version that is also marketed in the UK with great reviews. I have had a few people evaluate it as well with great remarks but we have not taken possession of enough items to offer them for sale yet. delays....
So there you have it!
Pat

Last edited:
Sorry I have not posted for awhile guys. Just haven't had the time.

I had the chance to demo two of the Theron binoculars and one of their spotting scopes. I have a nice writeup started and will post it in the next few days.

The short of it is that I was extremely impressed with the binoculars. The optical performance was excellent in terms of CA control, apparent sharpness and flatness of field. I would love to own either of them!

How is it going Frank? Nothing new here. Birding a little less these days. But when I get to it, will haul my 3 Bushnell Ultras along.

Take care.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back