• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tokina 300 2.8 atx af (1 Viewer)

missmike

does anybody know if the older tokina 300 2.8 atx af works on nikon digital slr bodies?missmike.I mean the lens with the red stripe around it.

Last edited:
missmike said:
does anybody know if the older tokina 300 2.8 atx af works on nikon digital slr bodies?missmike.I mean the lens with the red stripe around it.
I would like to know that myself even through this is an old post

missmike said:

Yes, they do on the D100, D70, D200 and D2 series bodies, don't know about the others, probably works ok with D80!

nirofo.

nirofo said:
Yes, they do on the D100, D70, D200 and D2 series bodies, don't know about the others, probably works ok with D80!

nirofo.
thanks for that fast response now this might sound dumb but i cant really tell if they are manuel or auto focus not much info out there on the old ones

tripod123 said:
thanks for that fast response now this might sound dumb but i cant really tell if they are manuel or auto focus not much info out there on the old ones

The Tokina 300 f2.8 AF ATX is autofocus, but only with the Nikon digital camera bodies that have internal focussing motor as previously mentioned. That's why I'm not sure about the D80, don't know if it has the built in motor?

nirofo.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back