• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sound Files (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Many members are recording bird sounds and these are welcome in the Opus.

It's as easy as uploading pictures and the instructions are in the Opus Help here.

Remember to copy the Filename

The code required to insert it onto the relevant page:

{{Audio|Alberts Lyrebird 090709b.mp3}}<br />

(what's showing in red, is all that needs to be changed on each new upload

To keep things consistent throughout, the recording should be a sub-section of Behaviour and titled Vocalisation i.e.

==Behaviour==
====Vocalisation====

(We decided on 'Vocalisation' so that it could include not only songs, but contact and flight calls, and the drumming of Snipe and Woodpeckers etc.)

Remember to give credit to the person making the recording and, if necessary, note which sub-species (in case of a future split). Also, whether it is a song, or flight call etc.

Finally, at the bottom of the page add the category for Bird Songs

[[Category:Bird Songs]]

D

Last edited:
Thanks Delia

I must admit I haven't done any recording recently. I need to upgrade my recording gear at some point for stereo recordings + since getting involved in bird surveys I've become obsessed with counting everything around my house.:eek!: The poor old crossbills are being neglected.
It would've been nice to meet you at the next bash but my wife and I are off to Crete for a week for some rest and relaxation, so maybe I'll see you at first 2009 bash.

Thanks Delia

I must admit I haven't done any recording recently. I need to upgrade my recording gear at some point for stereo recordings + since getting involved in bird surveys I've become obsessed with counting everything around my house.:eek!: The poor old crossbills are being neglected.
It would've been nice to meet you at the next bash but my wife and I are off to Crete for a week for some rest and relaxation, so maybe I'll see you at first 2009 bash.

Slacker:king:

I think you're trying to avoid me this year... go on the only Bash I couldn't manage, and tak yersel off to furrin parts for the next one:-O Och well, maybe one day

D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back