• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello from los angeles county (1 Viewer)

runningsammy

Hi and thank you for providing such a far flung forum. I am in the Long Beach portion of Los Angeles county and am lucky to have a great selection of parks, open land and birds at my disposal. I look fwd to posting questions re the birds I see.

Oh, the first one is -- and the reason I went online today and found you guys -- is a small gray bird, finch shaped, but with blue streaks on the wing. I will try to post a photo when I replace my dead digital camera

Running Sammy

Hi running sammy and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

D

Hi running sammy,

Welcome to Birdforum.

As I am from the UK and only using a Sibleys these are guess work.
Bluebird, Gnatcatcher. I am probably wrong but thought I would have a guess. Hopefully one of our US members might come along.

Hi and Welcome. I remember my visit to LA (a few years ago) and i remember seeing some type of Hummingbird (orange throat) quite commonly in the Garden of where i was staying in Torrance, quite near Long beach i think. Do you know what type this could've been (sorry the description is poor)?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back