• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Singing birds (1 Viewer)

florall

After several weeks, or even a couple of months, I've noticed that birds are starting to sing again. Green finch for the last two days (or maybe in their case it's just their call, but they have been silent since mid August). I've just been outside and a great tit was singing away. I know it's not the most beautiful song, but I just love it, makes me think of the early part of the year. I was surprised. I understand that robins start to sing at this time of year, because they're already starting to establish their territories for next year's breeding season, but great tits?

I heard one of my robins in full song only last night, first time for ages. There are lots here, at least three adults and two babies, I wonder which one will end up getting my back garden! Hope it's one of the babies, he is very cute and tame, I got him to come within a foot of me when I was digging and threw him a few worms (yuck - hated doing it but still....)

I don't know about singing, but the robins sure are fighting amongst each other. Saw one the other day that had another robin pinned to the ground!

The Robin is singing outside now,it's the first time he's been in full song for ages.
I heard the 'teacher teacher' call of the Great Tit today,and was immediatley transported to a winter woodland.
Looking forward to the Blackbird starting to sing now....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back