• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Surrey Birding (1 Viewer)

Hen Harrier, Thursley

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me the habits of the Thursley, Hen Harrier? Such as which time of day is best to see it and which part of the Common it frequents.

Any information would be gratefully received,

D

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me the habits of the Thursley, Hen Harrier? Such as which time of day is best to see it and which part of the Common it frequents.

Any information would be gratefully received,

D

I think it generally gets seen out over the bog. The area out from Pine Island below the Tumuli. PM seems best, although I think it has been seen anytime.

Dave

I was away when it happened and missed all the news reports, I was rather shocked yesterday when I turned up at Ash Range and was confronted by the post-fire barren wasteland. What a sad sight...

Frimley Blackwater River by the fishery, Kingfisher making the two tone call. I then saw it fly from it's river perch. Great! (I once saw a pair on the first lake by the station)

Visiting friends in Brookwood. Just seen a Kingfisher on the canal at the back of Brookwood. It flew past and gave a call before stopping at some overhanging trees where I thought there was a good chance of seeing one. Great!

Kingfisher this morning on Hoe Stream near Mayford Meadows LNR. Heron, Jays & Nuthatch. I saw one further along in Woking several years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back