• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Five minutes with the Vanguard Endevour EDII 8x32 (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

I had this binocular for five minutes today. ..A guy i know was carrying a pair in the field and we exchange views for a short moment.(I had my Kenko Ultraview Sightron blue sky clon)
.All I can say is that is a very nice binocular. Very compact ,seemed almost an inch shorter than the kenko,soft rubber clad was nicer to the touch than my kenkos,although maybe will prove less durable(nikon HG type of rubber)..focuser seemed smooth and precise. The diopter adjustment was the pull-push locking type and also had very soft rubber around..Image quality was comparable to the Kenkos,if not a bit better,but was not possible to determine if resolution was better or equal,what was evident was contrast ,if slightly,and definitely better glare control.Glare control was extraordinary in super harsh light ,brutal hazy bright sunlight at noon in front of the sea,creating the most challenging conditions for observation period.The Vanguard really did an amazing job with no crescents or artifacts at all.The Kenkos are fine in that regard,but small crescents started to show as i got close to the reflection of the sun in the water.The Vanguard was truly amazing in that regard.
CA was well controlled in both,I didnt have a chance to truly test this in the Vanguard..the Kenkos are good for a non ED bino,but the extra lenght probably helps there,..For the little I saw the Vanguard ,using ED glass( "good Hoya glass ",in the words of the owner)probably will beat the kenkos also in that area .AR coatings were so nice to look at,a bit more complex and deep looking that the Kenko..
So yup,a very nice binocular...I was a little envious,but found some consolation in the fact that I wasnt crazy about the hot yellow neon letters on the design....
:smoke:

Thanks for that.

I had the Fujinon clone of the Sightron for review earlier in the year and compared it to my Vanguard EDII 8x42 quite a bit. The Vanguard is obviously a more sophisticated design with it's flat view, top spec ED glass, better engineering, and I guess most would choose it if price wasn't an issue. However the review sample of Fuji I had was an obvious winner one point, it's sharpness (effective resolution) was amazing. That was very nice? :t:

David

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back