• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starling fledglings (pictures) (1 Viewer)

Graeme83

Hi, today my garden was visited by its first Starling fledglings. This is my first time seeing this, as I only started feeding last September. My area has quite a large number of Starlings.

Pictures can be found below, I was taking them though window which needs to be cleaned so please excuse some of the photos. If anyone would like larger versions I can upload the orginal files.

http://www.graeme.biz/starlings

Graeme

Hi Graeme

Very nice pictures, I really like Starlings.

It is funny to see the feeding taking place in pictures 1257-1259.

I hope none of the fledglings fall in the little pond you have, some are very close to the edge.

Ronald Zee said:
Hi Graeme

Very nice pictures, I really like Starlings.

It is funny to see the feeding taking place in pictures 1257-1259.

I hope none of the fledglings fall in the little pond you have, some are very close to the edge.

Yeah I saw them playing near the pond, they were going down to the water level and then flying out, I kept an eye on them just in case. There was quite a bit of feeding taking place wasn't easy to get photos of it all.

The older starlings were eating a peanut cake and feeding that to there young, I thought they normally feed there young insects they find, unless that is just when they are in the nest.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Graeme. I enjoyed them. The fledglings are so cute and plump! They look quite content in your garden.

Wow, great photos, really clear. I have also had my first fledge starlings today, took a couple of pics myself

http://groups.msn.com/Birdshots

They are so funny to watch, mind and noisey they woke be up at about 5ish this morning, but would rather be woke by them, than an alarm clock anyday!!

nicola

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back