• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mother Cardinal feeds baby-QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
PinkWing brought her baby to the feeder tonight! I was caught by surprise but did manage to get them on tape in the act. I did not expect to see this so early- but why not? this must be the first brood. The baby did not stay very long but hopefully, this is just the beginning of the cardinal babies '05 "series." I'm so excited! The baby is flying quite well as you can see as they leave.

iMovie

Attachments

• BabyCard051.jpg
    BabyCard051.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 207
  • BabyCard052.jpg
    BabyCard052.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 174
  • BabyCard053.jpg
    BabyCard053.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 139
  • BabyCard054.jpg
    BabyCard054.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 178
Alan,
That video is fantastic! The mother and baby cardinal were really special to watch.
I thought you mentioned in the past few weeks that you have upgraded equipment. I can tell a big difference in the quality. It is so crisp and the colors look great. Much better resolution and I also like the shorter download wait.
I enjoy your videos so much. I hope you keep them coming.

Hi Sara,
Glad you like it. Yes- I did upgrade in a way- Apple did it for me- personally, I was OK where I was but then OS 10.4 was released and being the "early adopter" that I am, I had to have it on the day it came out. Along with the new OS, Apple upgraded QuickTime, the native video protocol for the Mac. But that created some problems because the new quicktime can use a new codec called h.264 which is not compatible with QuickTime 6.5- the version you are probably using and the free QT7 player is not yet available for the windows platform. I had to figure out how to make the videos as much the same as the old version (mp4) as I could. So my point is, if you think it looks good now- just wait a couple weeks, go to the apple site and download the QT7 free player and you will be able to watch in h264- what Apple is calling "pristine" video quality. THAT will look good!!

Thanks for your interest- look for plenty more from me- I am addicted.

Awwww!! That was absolutely priceless!! What a great clip! And thanks so much for the personal photo. Wonderful stuff!

Does Dad feed the babies too?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back