• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

anyone use the nikon digiscoping package??? (1 Viewer)

mark f

Nikon do a very reasonably priced digiscoping package for about £550.

this includes the nikon 82 scope (not the ED82, :C ), and the p5100 and the cable release and the conector to the scope.

Just wondered how people find this setup. And does anyone know how inferior the scope is to the ED82.

Next week ill get to play with this setup and also the swaro ats80hd with the P1500, and also the Nikon ED82 with the P5100 which i hope will help me make a decision.

Hopefully the light will be bad so i can see how the scopes perform in bad light as i was told all perform quite well in good light.

Also i have been told that almost definitely the prices of the swaro ats80hd are due to fall in next couple of months to clear stock......B :)

Anyone else heard this?????

Mark,

Whichever make of scope you decide to buy I would strongly recommend paying the extra and getting the ED/ HD coated lenses. For digiscoping they are a great help as they reduce chromatic aberration (colour fringeing) to a minimum.

yes, would have thought that those scopes would help. Shame they dont do a deal with those!

Will have to play and see which i like!

hi mark,

swaro has lots of digiscopers working for and with them so they spend a lot of time and effort trying to satisfy digiscopers so the range of accessories available to a digiscoper is only likely to expand in the future. that said, I know you liked the 30x fixed when you checked it out, but you might really want to wait for the new 25-50. i only got to use it for a few minutes but i was super impressed.

sounds interesting. Did it perform well in bad light?
Will it fit the current ats80hd or is it for the atm stm models?

sounds interesting. Did it perform well in bad light?
Will it fit the current ats80hd or is it for the atm stm models?

i was using the zoom on my ats and as far as i could tell, it was about as bright as the 30x (which is the eyepiece that lives on my scope). i could not find a reason to fault it. oh, and I believe that all the swaro eyepieces have been built to match any scope produced in the last 20 years or so. at the very least they are interchangeable between the current ats/sts and new atm/stm models.

gotta go get some shut-eye now, but I know that clay taylor (from swaro north america) started a thread somewhere on birdfourm with images of and through the new zoom. worth checking out if you are interested.

Not sure it's of any relevance but I'm using the smaller lens Nikon Digiscoping Kit - Been using it since August 08

http://twitpic.com/photos/icklesal

Photos captured with Nikon Spotting Scope RAIII 65 A WP 20x wide angle digital eyepiece and a Nikon Coolpix Digital P5100 12.1mb

For close up work it's fantastic, but letting me down on distance work alot at present, but this is largely due to personal fault with my camera set up still I feel so don't be put off.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back