• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elements 13 Update v Canon 7D Mark2 RAW CR.2 Files (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
I just installed Elements 13 Update to edit Canon 7D Raw CR.2 files.
However Elements 13 is still not recognising them.
Has anyone else any experience with this problem?
FYI I still have Elements 12 installed.

I have the same problem (but with Elements 12).
I used to have the 7D and simply uploaded the Raw files and did a bit of editing in Camera Raw before continuing in photoshop.
Now I have the 7D mark 2 it is saying it cannot read the Raw files. I therefore cannot edit my pictures.
I have clicked help>update and now have the latest version of camera Raw but I still cannot open the files.

Any advice?

I have the same problem (but with Elements 12).
I used to have the 7D and simply uploaded the Raw files and did a bit of editing in Camera Raw before continuing in photoshop.
Now I have the 7D mark 2 it is saying it cannot read the Raw files. I therefore cannot edit my pictures.
I have clicked help>update and now have the latest version of camera Raw but I still cannot open the files.

Any advice?
Hi there
I am currently using Elements 13.
When I returned from a birding holiday at the end of May, I had an email from Adobe advising me of an update to Elements 13.
I clicked on a link taking me to the update file, which I downloaded .
Subsequently Elements 13 has opened 7D and 7DII RAW files without any
problems.
see here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html
Prior to that I was running my RAW files through a DNG converter , which will allow you to edit images using the same Elements screen as for RAW files.
You should run this plug in before transferring the files to the Elements Catalogue. Whilst the Digital Negative (DNG) converter adds time to the
Editing process, it is worth it if you can't edit your RAW files any other way.
See here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows
Hope that this helps.
Regards
Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back