• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell-5x25 - Xtra-wide (1 Viewer)

Bencw

A fairly inexpensive buy, but this really is a little cracker, nice big oculars, massive 680ft@1000yds FOV, sharp and bright, very easy relaxed viewing. I think made in China but it feels solid and robust. Weighs exactly 1lb. I dont think they are still available new, but well worth looking out for used. It surprised me how good it is.

Attachments

• BUSHNELL-5X25  - XTRAWIDE.JPG
    BUSHNELL-5X25 - XTRAWIDE.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 262
  • BUSHNELL-5X25  - XTRAWIDE...JPG
    BUSHNELL-5X25 - XTRAWIDE...JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 212
Hi Ben,
These are difficult to find.

My test.
5x25 focusses unlike 4x21.
Overstated magnification. Actually 4.4x 13.3 deg. Many Bushnell overstated mags.
468g~ Distortion very low. Worse edge than Foton 5x25.
Also 10x not really special.

4x22 Dowling and Rowe focusing version best of the extra wide angles.

Hi Ben,
These are difficult to find.

Hi Binastro, I had never seen one before I spotted this one, I had a look on the net and couldn't find much on them, I think they replaced them with a 4x, going by the photos newer 4x does not look as well made.

4x21 and 4x30 have mirror prism combo optics. Actually 3.5x21. 18.5 deg fixed focus
I think the 5x25, 7x25?, 10x25 and the zoom are normal. Can't remember.

Excellent film now Adventures in Babysitting ch 15.

4x22 Dowling and Rowe 16.5deg. 4x genuine.

Foton 5x25 (5x30 actually) is about 12.2 deg. 5x genuine.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back