• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Bird Guide for Android Survey (1 Viewer)

Good day
Is there a thread anywhere on using this app for Android, please?
Happy with it as a guide, but am having a devil of a time adding to lists, and in particular adding to multiple lists at the same time.
Thank you in advance for any direction
Harry

When I first purchased the app in the week it was released as a beta I asked the developers if we'd be getting the video library available on IOS. They replied that we would and they estimated about six months. That's gone by now but we don't yet have the video downloads options so I have contacted them again and am waiting for a reply. Does anyone else have any news on this?

Not sure if just available to beta testers currently, but videos are now here in beta version at least.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to test them all, as I shan’t be buying them again, (bought them all on iOS for home reference on iPad) but found at least one for free, House Sparrow, and that works just like iOS.

Yes I have had a message saying that they are now available. They cost £5.99 for common birds, £8.99 for scarce and another £8.99 for rare. Has anyone bought them yet? If so what do you think?

Yes I have had a message saying that they are now available. They cost £5.99 for common birds, £8.99 for scarce and another £8.99 for rare. Has anyone bought them yet? If so what do you think?

They are nice to have, and as I say I have them all on iOS - but did find that House Sparrow and Blue Tit are free (and possibly others) so if you want to see what they are like test them there - look to be the same videos as with iOS.

I would say they are ideal for home use, especially on a tablet, but I am unlikely to use in the field, hence not buying again for my Android phone.

Chromebooks are starting to emerge with the ability to use Android Apps from the Google play store.
don't suppose anyone has used this app on a chromebook?

(Never saw the point in chromebooks until very recently, but I suspect in the near future a 2in1 model will be replacing my android tablet and my laptop which is used solely for web browsing, youtube/netflix and filling in survey spreadsheets.)

I bought one of the video packs but can only play them in one of the two devices I have the app installed on. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks
Sean
UPDATE - solved by reinstalling the app.

Last edited:
Chromebooks are starting to emerge with the ability to use Android Apps from the Google play store.
don't suppose anyone has used this app on a chromebook?

(Never saw the point in chromebooks until very recently, but I suspect in the near future a 2in1 model will be replacing my android tablet and my laptop which is used solely for web browsing, youtube/netflix and filling in survey spreadsheets.)

Hi, I've answered this myself now..
I have one of the newer Chromebooks which can run Android apps and Linux software too.

Screenshot shows the reptile guide pdf, the dragonfly guide on android Google play books, the collins bird guide android app, and a bat spectogram on linux wavesurfer software.
They all work fine, and look impressive when zoomed in.

How cool is that!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-08-02 at 14.15.08.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-08-02 at 14.15.08.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back