• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Redwings/Fieldfares of the autumn (1 Viewer)

Cheshire Birder

Redwing - Lincs 5th Sept

Fieldfare - Shetland 2nd & 4th Sept, Gtr Manchester (8) 9th Sept, Lancs (2) 9th Sept.

Some of the sightings so far, please add your own.

CB

Not sure if you are talking about the red wing blackbirds since I'm in another country but this morning I noticed the first red wing arriving at the feeders. It has an Orange bar over wings instead of the usual bright red. I have only seen the one so far. Fall is arriving to quickly for me.

I'd imagine Chesire Birder is talking about Redwing (Turdus Iliacus)

We should be getting some here on the school playing fields soon along with the Fieldfares :)

Will be keeping an eye out! Saw lots of Redwings and Fieldfares around my village last winter and am looking forward to seeing them again!

I had 9 Redwings on the 6th Oct. and 20+ on the 7th here in Lancashire, I havn't seen any Fieldfare yet though.

Isle of Tiree, West Scotland, first Redwings yesterday, migrant thrushes heard calling as they passed overhead from 22.30hrs last night.

Stewart

I sent some over last summer, from Turku. Did they get there? I forgot to ring them, but hope they are OK. Fieldfares were everywhere, the redwings were in the woods behind an old folks home where my aunt lives.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back