• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Probably a stupid question (1 Viewer)

alanrharris53

Now I have zero experience of digiscoping. I think I am a reasonble photographer but I have never really used a scope until recently.

So, I have just obtained a Nikon RA111 65wp scope with a 15-45mm lens. I also have Canon 50D camera. Is it possible, or even remotely sensible, to consider trying to couple the two together and if yes how to I do it and what bits do I need?

Cheers

I use a Nikon d40x and Nikon 82ED for digiscoping. I connected them with a Nikon adaptor. Works wonderfully. Go to the Nikon web page and see what adaptors they have for your setup.

Thanks, But when I look at the Nikon site it talks about solutions working for fieldscopes but not spotting scopes. What I really need is an idiots guide to what I need to do. I have looked at a number of sites but still confused.

Last edited:
As far as I know Nikon don't have a solution for mounting the dslr to your scope, only for their fieldscopes. For your scope they only have solutions for various small digicams and this would probably be the best way to go.

Paul.

OK thanks. That's what it implied on the webpage but I wondered if there was a non-Nikon solution. Looks like I migth need to buy a compact - might be easier to carry around anyway.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back