• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter needed (1 Viewer)

spuggyhawk

After struggling with my bargain basement scope and nikon p600 i decided to upgrade my scope a little.
Today i purchased a Opticron ES 80 GA ED and a 40810 HDF eye piece (23x)

I also looked at their DCC adapter (push fit) and really liked the idea of the fact that it can be slipped over the EP and ready to go in a few seconds, however they where only selling the DCC adapter and kit as a bundle with the lumix FS10 camera and would not sell me the DCC on its own and anyway they say the dont make the kit to fit my camera (nikon P6000)

So i now need some sort of adapter to link my ES 80 ED to my P6000, if at all possible i'd like it to be along the lines as the Opticron kit so its quick on pic taken then quick off back to normal scope use.

So does anyone know of such a device to do the job or maybe a parts list that can be cobbled together to form a suitable adapter.
Also any advice on at all on conecting the two together would be gratefully recieved.
Jon

Hi Jon

Sounds like you were given some duff info by us somewhere along the line! The push fit adaptor is available to buy - you need the following item:

50065 push fit adaptor £39
50067 insert for HDF eyepiece £9

Those parts can be ordered from Opticron over the phone.

Now, you also need something to go from that DCC adaptor to the P6000. You will need to talk to SRB Griturn about this:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/nikon-coolpix-50005100-and-p6000-adaptor-1460-p.asp

and a flat step ring from 37mm to 28mm to go along with it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Pete

Hi Jon

Sounds like you were given some duff info by us somewhere along the line! The push fit adaptor is available to buy - you need the following item:

50065 push fit adaptor £39
50067 insert for HDF eyepiece £9

Those parts can be ordered from Opticron over the phone.

Now, you also need something to go from that DCC adaptor to the P6000. You will need to talk to SRB Griturn about this:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/nikon-coolpix-50005100-and-p6000-adaptor-1460-p.asp

and a flat step ring from 37mm to 28mm to go along with it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete

I was led to believe it was only available as a "bundle" with the camera, This was at the Middleton Hall Bird Fair.

Anyway your info is of a great help, thankyou !

Could I ask pete, That link to Griturns adapter has an option to select "28mm" and "37mm". Would that mean if i selected the 37mm i would no longer need the flat step ring you mention?

I'm very gratefull for your help Pete.

Jon

Ah yes - the lens mount for the Panasonic is not available to purchase as a seperate item.

The Griturn adaptors come in two formats - one for the P5000/P5100 which has a 28mm thread the other is for the P6000 with 37mm. Might be worth a call to them to confirm everything before you place the order but they are very flexible with replacing bits and have a 30 day money back guarantee too.

Cheers, Pete

Ah yes - the lens mount for the Panasonic is not available to purchase as a seperate item.

The Griturn adaptors come in two formats - one for the P5000/P5100 which has a 28mm thread the other is for the P6000 with 37mm. Might be worth a call to them to confirm everything before you place the order but they are very flexible with replacing bits and have a 30 day money back guarantee too.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks Pete !

All irems are ordered, thanks for your help.

Regards
Jon

Well my push fit adapter from opticron and camera adapter from Griturn arrived today... quick delivery on both counts.

Ive had a bit of a play and the push fit can slide on and off in no time so i'm pleased with that.
What i am unsure about is the amount of vinetting i'm getting, before ordering this stuff i had held my camera (P6000) up to the EP of my ne ES80 to gauge what amount of vignetting i would get and on these trials i was able to remove all vignetting with the zoom within the green zone of the macro.
Now with my new push fit and camera adapter i am having to use nearlly all the optical zoom to remove vignetting, so at the moment i'm a little disapointed but will wait until ive had more time to experiment before passing final judgement.

Is there anyone else on her using this setup with the P6000 and Opticron ES80? if so i'd love to here your experiences on this issue.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back