• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick Photoshop Question (1 Viewer)

Rapala

Recently I've noticed that after I photoshop an image on my desktop computer to my liking (ie.- adjusting contrast, saturation, and hue), and I view the image on my laptop, I realize the image doesn't look the same. The colors are slightly off and if I readjust them on my laptop, the photos look slightly off when viewing them on my desktop monitor. I'm wondering how I should photoshop my photos so that they truly look the best without guessing which screen to go by. Thoughts anyone? Thanks

I use a 2 monitor set up with my desktop and notice colour differences between the monitors and cannot work out how to get them to match so I am also interested to know if there is a solution to this problem

You've touched upon one of the big issues of digital photography: Every screen's interpretation of what colours should look like is going to be different. You cannot control what your photos look like on somebody else's screen.

If you are trying to make everything look as similar as possible on your own screens you have to calibrate them (and this is assuming that you have control over them that allows you to do something meaningful there). If you do a web search for `calibrate monitor' you should get a lot of information what that entails.

Andrea

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back