• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon DPP Version 4 - Convert and Save (1 Viewer)

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
Have been using version 3 which came with the camera (7d2) and all seems ok. Yesterday, I noted that I did not have the latest version so downloaded it from the Canon website. All seemed ok in that I can manipulate the RAW files and make changes etc. The problem is when I come to Convert and Save. I give the file a new name but it doesn't appear in the folder that I have selected. If I try to do the same again I get a box which is indicating that there are more than one file with the same name. However, I cannot see any of the new files. I can always see the RAW files that I have copied from the camera. I have checked that the files should be going into the folder that I want them to go. I have checked that I have not got a hidden files checked somewhere. I know that there will be occasions when I cannot open files with the viewer because the file format is not supported but even then it is possible to see that the file is there. I am using Windows 7. I am thinking of going back to DPP 3. Any ideas anyone?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back