• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Midlands County News (1 Viewer)

IOC has changed its position and the split of Lesser and Mealy is retained come 1st January 2018 per Phil Andrews
Good Birding YAMYAM

An Immature Iceland Gull came into the Bartley roost at 4:20 pm . Dark conditions ! per Terry Hinnet
Good Birding YAMYAM

Mealy Redpoll
It was with some sadness that I realised that this would be the last time I could tick these birds on my year list as in just 37 days they will become the nominate form of the complex and our resident Lesser Redpolls will be relegated to sub-species status once again. I still find this quite hard to accept, as most Lessers show a much darker, sometimes almost a mahogany brown tone of plumage and a much slimmer structure which contrasts markedly with the type of birds I was looking at today - still, I suppose that you cant argue with D.N.A. (well not so far at least) although I suspect that this complex will merit further review before too long? per Chaz Mason
Good Birding YAMYAM

DNA - National Dyslexic Association;)

The 2ndw Iceland Gull came into the Bartley Res Roost at 4:10 pm tonight per Terry Hinnet
Good Birding YAMYAM

Swanshurst Park.2nd Winter Iceland Gull.Almost certainly the returning bird and the one that roosted at Bartley the last 2 nights per Chris Thompson
Good Birding YAMYAM

11.30am - Red Kite over Bournville heading north west, seemingly in no hurry.
I was at the Boating Lake (Valley Pool) next to the Police Station and watched it for a couple of minutes. Hassled by Black-headed Gulls a couple of times.

Omg I've just spotted a Pink Footed Goose in amongst the Gulls at Swanshurst! Unbelievable!! Per James Kenny
Good Birding YAMYAM

Iceland Gull departed Swanshurst at 1455- heading in a roughly westerly direction. Possibly returning to roost at Bartley per James Kenny
Good Birding YAMYAM

Brent Goose on Birdguides any one got any details?

4 over railway near Witton Lakes!! via Phil Andrews
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Brent Goose on Birdguides any one got any details?

4 over railway near Witton Lakes!! via Phil Andrews
Good Birding YAMYAM
I had the 4 Brent geese at 11:10 flying low as if they had just taken off from a stretch of water which I have now reientified as salford lake rather than witton lakes towards Birmingham city centre. I was on the train coming into Aston station in the direction of Lichfield
Definite Brents

2w Iceland Gull , 2 Common Gull , YL / Caspian Gull + Shoveler (3) at Swanshurst Park per Des Jennings
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
4 Goosander over Seven Stars Road, Oldbury c1545. Heading along canal towards Dudley Port per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Netherton Hill 3/12: Male Yellowhammer in the snipe field!! 100% pure #patchgold per Andy Thomas
Good Birding YAMYAM

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back