• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

panoramic printing (1 Viewer)

mike from ebbw

you will probably all think i am a simpleton but is it possible to print a panoramic photo on an epson sylus photo rx420 A4 printer.is it possible to perhaps get paper that is the same width as A4 but longer so that the pic fills the sheet instead of just a narrow band down the centre of it.thanks,mike.

Panoramic paper is available, I actually picked some up at a computer fair, not exactly "Epson Premium Photo Glossy" but it does the job.

Your printer should have panoramic paper size as an option, if not you should be able to create your own size in custom settings.

My paper was on a roll so needed to be cut to length before use.

Dont know about S.Wales but if your ever "Up North" try this;

http://www.computermarkets.co.uk/

mike from ebbw said:
you will probably all think i am a simpleton but is it possible to print a panoramic photo on an epson sylus photo rx420 A4 printer.is it possible to perhaps get paper that is the same width as A4 but longer so that the pic fills the sheet instead of just a narrow band down the centre of it.thanks,mike.

Should be possible. You can buy panoramic photo paper, A4 but double the width, here http://www.buyepson.co.uk

Make up your panorama and when you come to print it choose "User Defined"
for the paper size in the printer driver, then type the paper size on the packet into the dialogue box that appears.

Not sure about rx 420 but my R800 takes roll paper - you can buy epson rolls which are 210mm x 10 metres but it is quite expensive at £38 per roll.

Just to further elaborate, the Windows operating system itself allows a max of up to 44 inches in length. So, assuming your print driver supports it, if you can find paper whose width fits into your printer, you can print a really long picture. (I know that you are thinking as though the wide side is the "width", but in fact it really is the length when you do your printing.) As mentioned above, use the "custom" size and specify the size of paper you have.

Epson sells 4 inch wide roll paper in the US, which is quite a bit cheaper than the 8.5 inch standard roll paper. If that will work for you, you might try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back