• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Help Identifying Please-:) (1 Viewer)

morrisonmjr

Hello all....I needed some help to identify this bird..

It is a bird that has appeared on the t.v. show LOST..lol...so it might not even be a real bird...but I didnt think it would hurt to ask around a little.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. And please be as specific as possible as to all aspects of it (like name, where it is mainly found, if it has any significance in mythology...etc)

Thanks in advance for any help ou can give.:)

Also, the color might be different than the bird usually is (if it exists..lol)

Attachments

• bird1.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 217
I remember the episode with this bird in it, and I remember thinking it wasn't a real species. Probably just something they made up, taking parts of various birds of prey.

I tried to do something with it in PS but I don't know for sure.It is not a Griffon.
I don't think it is a real bird:The head looks strange!

Can I just comment on how amazing the LOST finally was??? Wow. Now for the bird - I agree - I think it's made-up - are there any giant green birds of prey out there?

Haha, yeah it was great.

But I think the bird is just green because its next to the trees, the bird is most likely the "black smoke" that keeps messing around with the people on the island, but I was just wondering if it took the form of a specific type of bird..and why.

But thanks for all your help :hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back