• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

OO = Ornithological Observations : ejournal (1 Viewer)

Les Underhill

The Animal Demography Unit at the University of Cape Town, together with BirdLife South Africa, publish an ejournal called Ornithological Observations, called OO for short --- it publishes "faunistic notes" --- the interesting observations of breeding, behaviour, range, etc, that don't easily find their way into the mainstream journals --- the URL is http://oo.adu.org.za --- OO is in its third volume --- browse through what has already been published and check if there is anything which takes your fancy. I guess that OO will publish faunistic observations from anywhere in the world!

Attachments

• 20110616_OO_logo.png
    20110616_OO_logo.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 54
The Animal Demography Unit at the University of Cape Town, together with BirdLife South Africa, publish an ejournal called Ornithological Observations, called OO for short --- it publishes "faunistic notes" --- the interesting observations of breeding, behaviour, range, etc, that don't easily find their way into the mainstream journals --- the URL is http://oo.adu.org.za --- OO is in its third volume --- browse through what has already been published and check if there is anything which takes your fancy. I guess that OO will publish faunistic observations from anywhere in the world!

Les,
What an excellent idea! I would think that more than a few BirdForum contributors will give it a go. Thanks for publicising it. Are you over in UK for the British Bird Fair this year?
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back