• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (6 Viewers)

Incredible amount of birds reported at Holkham today, all of the following:
Hume's Yellow-browed Warbler, Greenish Warbler, Lesser Grey Shrike, Great Grey Shriek, 2 Yellow-browed Warblers, 2 Firecrests and a Red-breasted Flycatcher, with 4 Yellow-browed Warblers rptd at Wells Wood. Also unstreaked acro warbler sp. rptd.... interesting...

Cheers,

Last edited:
don't get too excited - half the reports from the north coast are dodgy.

Found another Red-backed Shrike in Sea Palling village last night - still there today

Tim

Last edited:
Interesting record of purple sand. I believe they're becoming rare in Norfolk these days, although there was one on Blakeney Point recently. Probably worth submitting to the county bird report

Hi Ilya

I had 2 purple sandpipers at Titchwell on 28th Sep. see my Post 2090 (page 84) which I got pictures of too Tim;) and showed pics to Titchwell staff (Richard), they were there the next day too, don't how long they stayed after that though. I presume Titchwell would have informed county bird recorder if they thought this was relevant.

Best Wishes Penny:girl:

Hi all, im thinking of coming over to Norfolk at the weekend, and i'll probably go and look for this Humes Warbler at Holkham. However ive only ever gone straight through to the Gap from Lady Anns Drive before, so can anyone let me know where this 'isolated clump of sallows just east of the cross tracks' are, or at least the cross tracks?
Thanks again, J

Anyone been hovering around Cley marsh in the last few evenings

Just wondering if the Starlings are still displaying/flocking before going to roost in the reedbed?

I passed by on the 3rd and saw a group of about 500+ from the coast road!

Matt

Had an excellent little afternoon run out for the not-so- Scarlet Rosser at Warham Greens yesterday. Showed brilliantly, gorging itself on berries and nettles, just 50 yards walk from the car park on the central track. Pager said the LGShrike was back at Holkham so went there, expecting it to be duff, was pleasantly surprised to see it from the dunes, west of the pines, though distant. Great Grey was much closer and more entertaining, chasing Stonechats and thrushes, 'cos it's 'ard!

Pager then told us we had walked by a Hume's- now that had to be b*llox right? Went to the spot. No birders. Walked around, returned to find my pal Roger (who took me) surrounded by birders and the Hume's calling away like Billy Ocean (not that they sound like him). Eventually it popped out of the sallows into a hawthorn and showed very well- very nice in the scope! Heard and saw YBrowed as well.

Not a bad little arvo out!

Will

Had an excellent little afternoon run out for the not-so- Scarlet Rosser at Warham Greens yesterday. Showed brilliantly, gorging itself on berries and nettles, just 50 yards walk from the car park on the central track. Pager said the LGShrike was back at Holkham so went there, expecting it to be duff, was pleasantly surprised to see it from the dunes, west of the pines, though distant. Great Grey was much closer and more entertaining, chasing Stonechats and thrushes, 'cos it's 'ard!

Pager then told us we had walked by a Hume's- now that had to be b*llox right? Went to the spot. No birders. Walked around, returned to find my pal Roger (who took me) surrounded by birders and the Hume's calling away like Billy Ocean (not that they sound like him). Eventually it popped out of the sallows into a hawthorn and showed very well- very nice in the scope! Heard and saw YBrowed as well.

Not a bad little arvo out!

Will

sounds a buit like a Little Britain twitcher sketch coming on...

Pager says "Noooo"

Pager says "Wells..."

luv ya bad self :t:

Tim

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Approx where the arrow is. Just turn left at the end of lady annes drive, where you'd usually go straight on for the gap. Keep walking and you'll come to the sallow and the crossroads.

Jason

Hi all, im thinking of coming over to Norfolk at the weekend, and i'll probably go and look for this Humes Warbler at Holkham. However ive only ever gone straight through to the Gap from Lady Anns Drive before, so can anyone let me know where this 'isolated clump of sallows just east of the cross tracks' are, or at least the cross tracks?
Thanks again, J

Nice pics Brain, especially like the Goldcrest. I am back to Titchwell Marsh
maybe Thursday now, weather seems better for that day and wont to
see me Breaded Tits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back