• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White Crow in Banner Elk (1 Viewer)

David in NC

If any one is interested there is what appears to be an albino or leucistic (sp?) crow in a flock around Banner Elk. I'm assuming it was albino (I could only get within about 50 yards of it) but through binocs I could see no black and the bill was light colored. I could NOT make out the eyes but they APPEARED to be light colored but that's more a deductive guess from the image...(?)

I was traveling from Valle Crucis Community Park to Banner Elk via NC 194 and spotted them across from the Bank of America (near the Banner Elk Inn). I took some pics with the cell phone but they are pretty useless as it was so far away.

The park at Valle Crucis is usually a hotspot but Wednesday there was NOTHING moving.

This unusual sighting made up for an otherwise bad day (but since I had taken off work that night-IS there a such thing as a "bad day" of bird watching???) :king:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back