• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kaeng Krachan National Park,Thailand (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

I have heard that a lot of the reserve is not accesible due to road works and this will continue until next August or so. Does anyone know any details and if I'd be better avoiding the place?

Regards

Steve

I found this: (not good news for KK unfortunately!!) on https://12go.asia/en/thailand/kaeng-krachan-np

From Ban Krang a 20 km dirt road used to take visitors to the farther and even more remote Phanoen Thung campsite, the starting point for tours to the second highest peak in the park. It’s important to notice that the whole Phanoen Thung area is not accessible at the moment of writing (September 2017) because the road leading there is under maintenance and the improvement works will probably last at least a year.
There are rumours that at some point in 2018 the road should be partially reopened during the weekends but for now consider visiting Ban Krang – the western edge of the park still open to public.

How is the information from national park ?

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

"While the central parts of the park beyond Sam Yot Checkpoint (Ban Krang and Phanoen Thung campsites) is closed for visitors August to October, Pala-U Waterfall located at southern edge of the park is open all year round."

Does anyone ask the authority yet ?

In the discussion I see
4 days ago
Could you provide an update on the road to Phanoen Thung Camp? If I come during the week will be road be accessible at certain times?

and
Planned road construction is halted, the campsite is open as normal. Can be visited any day. We have been there last week during a week-day.

How is the information from national park ?

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

"While the central parts of the park beyond Sam Yot Checkpoint (Ban Krang and Phanoen Thung campsites) is closed for visitors August to October, Pala-U Waterfall located at southern edge of the park is open all year round."

Does anyone ask the authority yet ?

In the discussion I see
4 days ago
Could you provide an update on the road to Phanoen Thung Camp? If I come during the week will be road be accessible at certain times?

and
Planned road construction is halted, the campsite is open as normal. Can be visited any day. We have been there last week during a week-day.

The road is always closed Sept/Oct - the rains wash it away or make it impassible.

PalaU Waterfall is in a completely different area & never closes - but is hardly worth the visit in comparison.
Maybe the raodworks haven't started yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back