• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch - new venue (1 Viewer)

Bea

I read in the Countryfile magazine that Springwatch this year will come from Pensthorpe, near Fakenham, Norfolk. http://www.pensthorpe.com. Much as I enjoyed the Devon farm it will make a nice change to see somewhere different.

I had never heard of Pensthorp till a couple of weeks ago when I saw a sign for it when I was visiting Norfolk. I spent the morning there and found it to be a very pleasent place. Even better than Slimbridge. Plenty of bird boxes in the woodland area.

Thanks Bea:t: It'll be nice to see somewhere new.

Just when is it on anyway? I've been waiting (im)patiently for ages. At the rate they're going they'll soon have to call it 'Summerwatch';)

A little bird tells me there may be some other format changes this year and it will be interesting to see how these transfer to the screen. Incidentally, I have not heard any news about Autumnwatch although to be honest, this was not so good last year and there seemed to be a distinct lack of material to fill the programmes. This was not entirely due to the one month later broadcast from what I can gather but due to the format not quite working as planned.

I can't wait to see Charlie's work along with Gordon Buchanan and John Aitchison who have all become great favourites of mine. I am not sure how this would work given Kate's presence but it would be nice to see something of Phillippa Forester after the great work with her husband (if you have not read Philippa's book covering the filming of My Halcyon River do so, her sense of humour is terrific).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back