• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds id's Pakistan (1 Viewer)

Could well be a House Sparrow the Pipit looks like a Richard's to me but I'm no expert. Maybe better to wait for a more knowledgeable opinion.

Andy

The sparrow is probably House, but I wouldn't rule out Sind either, from that photo. The pipit photo looks a bit 'burnt out' but I'd go with Tawny.

Chris

If you mean that darker band across the wing, most of the larger pipits have that. It was more the overall paleness and tjhe lack/ limited streaking on the back that pointed me towards Tawny. The rest of the Asian pipits tend to be far more marked on the upperparts.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back