• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got to test my Victory T* FL 8x32 bins Saturday (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

For the last couple of years I've been using my Gold Ring 8x32 bins at the Michigan football games but they always felt like I was carrying a couple of bricks. I sold them earlier this year and picked up a new pair of Victory 8x32 bins at a pretty good deal. I had them yesterday at the game and HOLY COW - these were incredible. I could even tell which players had shaved that morning!

I have the same bin in a 8x42 and was going to sell them but took them out in the pre-dawn a while back and decided naw - I'l keeping them as well. But the 8x32 are so much lighter, incredibly bright, with a tad wider FoV. I don't know how Zeiss could make anything better.

For the last couple of years I've been using my Gold Ring 8x32 bins at the Michigan football games but they always felt like I was carrying a couple of bricks. I sold them earlier this year and picked up a new pair of Victory 8x32 bins at a pretty good deal. I had them yesterday at the game and HOLY COW - these were incredible. I could even tell which players had shaved that morning!

I have the same bin in a 8x42 and was going to sell them but took them out in the pre-dawn a while back and decided naw - I'l keeping them as well. But the 8x32 are so much lighter, incredibly bright, with a tad wider FoV. I don't know how Zeiss could make anything better.

Glad you like them TP. I never had a 32 until last year when I got my FL. Now I wouldn't be without them.

And Zeiss are not going to replace the FL 32s any time soon. I don't think they will do this until they can deliver a real improvement, and as you point out, this will be a big ask.

Lee

......... I don't think they will do this until they can deliver a real improvement, and as you point out, this will be a big ask.

Lee

Greetings. No question the Zeiss FL 8x32 is a pair of excellent binoculars, and it is very easy to strike immediate affinity with it. Perhaps there is still some room to improve its ergonomics and replace its composite material with magnesium on lines similar to the HT. Hastily added, however, the current model is a keeper "as is" till further notice, and then some.

Enjoy in good health.

Eagle Optics has both 8x and 10x32 FL's for $1400 new right now. I don't recall a better price for new.

Yes indeed!

That is also a great price to find if you want to introduce yourself to 1st rate Alpha optics!

And there are even 19 reviews of it for those who count these to estimate the sales of alpha binoculars. They average 5 stars. One is even from a fellow named Mark in Pennsylvania.

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binocula...2-t-binocular-black?tab=customer_reviews#tabs

Bob

Hello all,

The 8x32 FL has been my primary glass of seven years. I see no reason to replace it.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinwood :hi:

They are indeed great binos. The only thing I tried three different pairs until I found one that was sharp. Not sure why that is. Anyway the view is super and the size perfect, compact like, for what they do.

Last edited:
Agree, a great binocular, I bought the Zeiss 8x32 T FL, with lou tech coatings earlier this year, I saw an ex demo and decided to treat myself, I have some nice binoculars in my collection, but the 8x32 T FL is without doubt the best glass I have ever looked through to date. I have seen some negative comments about the large focus knob and it not being as "good looking" as Swaro, leica etc, but I find it very comfortable to hold and use and easy to focus. All round I cant fault it.

Sold mine to fund huge vet bills back in January, now I`m in love with my 8x32SE I`v not been missing it, however now the darker wetter days of Autumn are looming (its dire right now) I`m beginning to remember why I chose it over all the other 8x32 roofs.

Honestly, it does`nt get much better in a 32mm roof.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back