• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Watching a Roadrunner (1 Viewer)

rwblackbird57

Today, on a quick hike on the trails behind my house, I happened upon a roadrunner. He was about 40ft from me and seemed to be on the hunt. I watched him as he found a grasshopper and ate it and then jumped a foot straight into the air to catch a low-flying insect. After that, the roadrunner puffed up all his feathers to get a little warmer. Finally, he ran into some bushes, out of view.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92988930@N06/8632504543/

Last edited:
I love watching roadrunners. They are so fun when stalking their prey.

I never tire of watching roadrunners. They're wonderful birds. When my wife was recuperating (in Arizona) from a serious operation years ago a roadrunner crept into the room where she was lying in bed, made a complete circuit of the walls and then calmly walked back out again to the patio via the open door. She described it to me afterwards as a most surreal experience.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back