• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which FZ300/330 settings for decent OOC Jpeg IQ? (1 Viewer)

rka

ttbirds
I know this is a bit subjective. For bird pics, I currently use Natural setting and set Noise Reduction to -2. I find the pictures are a bit soft so may bump the Sharpening up a bit.

I'm also assessing the pros and cons of EZ@8mp vs EZ@3mp with iZoom to get to get out to about 1500mm. In the former, use full iZoom but have 8mp to crop. In the latter, very little iZoom needed to get to 1500mm, but little crop room.

So what do you use for NR, Sharpening, EZ, iZoom for bird pics?

I have zero experience with that camera. However, of relevance, do experiment with the vivid setting if you want to use OOC jpgs. My wife uses that setting on a GH2 from Pana - I always start from raw images.

Niels

Hi RKA
I have an FZ200 ( predecessor of the FZ300/330) and use NR -2 and Sharpening of +1. Don't know if this is optimum for your camera but it seems to work OK for me. Check out Graham Houghton's website for specific FZ300/330 recommendations on EZ and iZoom settings though www.grahamhoughton.com/

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes took a look at his site and some of the videos . He ended up recommending NR -2 and Sharpening +3. However had much more testing to do.

On another forum, one of the members used NR 0 and Sharpening 5 with Standard profile.

Hi RKA
I have an FZ200 ( predecessor of the FZ300/330) and use NR -2 and Sharpening of +1. Don't know if this is optimum for your camera but it seems to work OK for me. Check out Graham Houghton's website for specific FZ300/330 recommendations on EZ and iZoom settings though www.grahamhoughton.com/

Still testing but NR = -5 and Sharpening = -2 or -3 seems promising.
Thanks. Yes took a look at his site and some of the videos . He ended up recommending NR -2 and Sharpening +3. However had much more testing to do.

On another forum, one of the members used NR 0 and Sharpening 5 with Standard profile.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back