• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prevent birds flying into windows? (1 Viewer)

LisaW

Hi All, I am new here.

I have just been enjoying birds visiting my bird feeders and bang, one flew into the window again! A blackbird, still alive this time but taking time out to recover!

The sun shines on my windows making them like mirrors, so I imagine the normal black bird shaped stickers will not be visable? I would prefer not to have stickers that are obvious but I need a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks Lisa.

Hi and welcome to BF from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site.
Yes, many people have the same problem with bird collisions into large windows and glass doors. I have a particular problem with Goldfinches, usually young ones...but most bounce back to life after 5-30minutes, very few seem to be fatalities. Having a feeding station fairly close to the window encourages the problem :(

Other than the stickers, I draw the curtains and that reduces the problem...but obviously it's not ideal nor practical all the time.

Hopefully others will have some ideas.

regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back