• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Bird Guide for Android Survey (1 Viewer)

Look what I just got my grubby mitts on. So far, looks superb. Should be available very soon and only £12.99. Amazingly, you can add all the BTO atlas maps for a full 59p!!

Cheers

Pete :t:B :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170503-205659.jpg
    Screenshot_20170503-205659.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 333
Another screenshot... the plates look superb on a decent screen!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170503-223815.jpg
    Screenshot_20170503-223815.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 372
Screenshots showing the menu systems. A little different from the iOS versions...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170504-072231.jpg
    Screenshot_20170504-072231.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot_20170504-072210.jpg
    Screenshot_20170504-072210.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 221
Thanks for the preview! Will the app only be in English first or can the languages be selected?

Does the App contain sounds?

Maffong

Thanks for the preview! Will the app only be in English first or can the languages be selected?

Does the App contain sounds?

Maffong

No... it runs fine in German and several other languages and the species names can be set to even more languages. Sounds are included...

It's the real deal!

All the best

Pete

I had this from NatureGuides -

"We hit a snag with installs when we started running wider tests. The engineers think they’ve fixed it but release is going to be delayed by about 10 days."

There is a tweet from NatureGuides few minutes back saying Collins Bird Guide app is migrating to Android, arriving later this month. So, it must surely be happening in couple of weeks.

How can you find out on the day of launch that another ten days testing is required? Creeping incrementalism means probably out in September. Mind you, a good launch is better than a bodged release.....

Fear not folks... it is close. Unless there are any unexpected issues, it will be this month. I am no expert, but I don't think it is as simple as saying we are ready and it appearing in the Play Store... It has to meet approval etc, and it all takes time!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back