• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Audubon bird call (1 Viewer)

longbow

For the last several weeks I've been getting a sore neck and more than a little frustrated trying to find the warblers that abound in the tops of the trees around here with little luck. There is so much foliage, they are so high and so secretive that I can't get eyes on nuttin.'

But I remember that when I was a kid my brother got one of those bird calls that are made with a pewter doodad in a wooden housing that is filled with powdered resin and turned to make generic bird songs.

Anybody have any experience with these? Any chance that they would be more effective than pishing to attract the little buggers down to where I could get a looksee?

I have tried a few times. I feel they are kind of clumsy as far as imitating songs. About the best I could do is the 2nd half of a northern Cardinals song. I suppose they could replicate a few general chip calls that might grab some attention. I did have a good duel with a chipmonk once - lol ! I never really gave it a really good enough try though. I say give it a shot , I would be interested to hear how it works out for you. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back