• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta and hunting policy (1 Viewer)

A hell of a lot of turtle dove and the hunters claim they never shot many !

Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. What a load of garbage by FKNK :eek!: and how do they manage to see all the numbers stated in autumn counting, the same birds at different locations more likely, I have a job to see any quail and turtle dobe numbers can be counted on one hand.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20150302/local/more-than-half-licensed-hunters-claim-they-did-not-catch-anything-last-autumn.558252

Last edited:
I may be biased but the yes campaign is really crap. I have literally no idea why they are using a Maltese flag and their slogan doesn't make much sense either.
AND for some reason they are using a 'generic happy family enjoying the countryside photo' in their posters which makes no real sense. If they want to have a legitimate campaign they should be using pictures of men with guns, dead birds, and country pathways littered with shotgun cartridges.

I may be biased but the yes campaign is really crap. I have literally no idea why they are using a Maltese flag and their slogan doesn't make much sense either.
AND for some reason they are using a 'generic happy family enjoying the countryside photo' in their posters which makes no real sense. If they want to have a legitimate campaign they should be using pictures of men with guns, dead birds, and country pathways littered with shotgun cartridges.

Catch more flies with a spoonful of honey than with a bucket of vinegar is the theory. Just hope it works.
I do think that the idea that Malta is removing itself from the tourist trade because of its pro slaughter hunting policies will eventually be understood.
When that happens, there will need to be some local leadership to help set up more sustainable practices.

they've launched a website now, it's in Maltese though http://www.iva.org.mt/home.aspx

I still find their choice of campaign image amusing in the way that it makes no sense in this context. No pictures of dead birds or men in camo carrying guns. It's like they're ashamed to show everyone who they really are.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back