• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunshade and Fuji F30 (1 Viewer)

Do Jessops still sell those slide viewers as I can't find them on their website? I used to have a viewer like that about 40 years ago but it's got lost somewhere along the line.

I would buy one of the 7 Day Shop shades but I recently bought a nice Lowepro case for the F30 and it wouldn't fit in with the shade attached. Having to detach the shade each time before putting it away wouldn't be ideal.

The Jessops viewer idea with a clip or strap attachment to hang it over the lcd could be the answer.

Ron

One thing I forgot to mention is that the Swarovski bracket type B for angled scope that I use utilises a plate that the camera screws onto using its tripod bush. This plate is slightly deeper than the camera body, so I have a ledge to rest the plastic magnifier on. This makes it a bit easier to use, as the magnifier doesn't fall off all the time - the angled eyepiece and camera are just inclined enough to counterbalance the weight of the heavier eye end of the magnifier - provided the 'scope is sitting about horizontal. Some method of fixing it on would be helpful for a treetop viewing enthusiast though!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back