• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick Action Harness for long lens (1 Viewer)

Interesting but I can't see how you could walk about wearing it (you couldn't see where you were going for a start) and you couldn't really remove it and carry it. It looks a bit limited in its applications to me. A talking point though. ;)

Ron

I see two flaws with this already from one look at the website.

It does not quite come up to eye height.

If birds are stood on your head then what is the point of the harness?

;)

I am told this idea has already been tried but they found 2 major faults......

1. It took 2 other people to lift & mount the lense.
2. Apparently the guy went 'walk about' with it, fell over and it was 3 weeks
he was found. :eek!:

First of all the harness is fully adjustable, can be taken off and on with one hand, and your lens and camera can be put on to the harness in seconds, by yourself, no help needed. As far as shooting birds overhead, well you cannot do that with tripod and gimbal head anyway. While wearing the harness one can follow a subject without having to readjust a tripod. I just thought I would correct some misconceptions.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back