• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acrylic surfaces? (1 Viewer)

thornlv

Hi all

Have recently taken up acrylics and am looking forward to posting my work on here. Would like to ask a question to other acrylic artists here - have been using Galeria pads but been disapointed by the detail I can get - the papers have a 'weave' on them which is difficult to get fine feather detail with, |I know i could use gesso primed hardboard on the smooth side but am asking, any pads/papers available with smooth surfaces ?

Not that Im an expirienced Artist, But my pad of choice at the moment, is WH Smith own brand, A3 size, 300gsm paper.... Works for me

I've painted on gesso-ed masonite which, when sanded is really smooth. There are commercially prepared surfaces like gessobord that are similar.

Watercolour board or I use Arches hot-press 140 paper which, when stretched (ie, soaked in water and taped out onto a board) gives a nice smooth surface

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back