• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil (1 Viewer)

Jeluba

Hi everyone,
Need your help for identifying several birds observed in Brazil. Except the first picture (raptor) taken along the coast of Paraty, RJ, all the others were taken in the Atlantic Forest Reserve, at Rio das Pedras. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• D37K2683_Flkr.jpg
    D37K2683_Flkr.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 53
  • D37K2744_Flkr.jpg
    D37K2744_Flkr.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 52
  • D37K2765_Flkr.jpg
    D37K2765_Flkr.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 52
  • D37K2773_Flkr.jpg
    D37K2773_Flkr.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 52
  • D37K2790_Flkr.jpg
    D37K2790_Flkr.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 54
The forum gives me a warning against bumping old threads, but I think that in the case of ID Q/A it is unwarranted - I hope that if I broke some laws, someone will get to me shortly :)

Anyway, I decided to browse the 0-reply ID threads in case I bump into something I know well as I would like to give back to the forum and most of the threads are too complicated to me. And behold, I think I know no. 3 quite well, this should be Masked Water Tyrant, have seen this bird at several spots in Brazil, always very prominent and easy to see.

The hirundines (pic #5) are a Progne species; not sure which occurs in that area.

Masked Water Tyrant - amazing example of convergent evolution with Northern Wheatear!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back