• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the October 2006 photo competition - Camouflaged Birds (1 Viewer)

IanF

A clear favourite soon emerged once voting had commenced, but still a little surprising the votes were as clear cut as they were.

Congratulations to avan the clear winner having attracted 55/126 votes with the entry an owl in the hole:the art of camouflage

2nd was macshark with 16/126 votes with the entry Bark or owl

3rd placed was taken by AndyByron with 12/126 votes with "Bittern?...

Congratulations to each of you and thank you to everyone who took the time to view, vote and comment on the entries.

The entries will remain in place a couple of days before details of the November competition are posted.

A worthy winner an excellent shot,also congrats to the runners up.Well done.Also a big thanks to Ian for all the work he puts in,organizing the comp,thanks Ian.

A warm thanks for who vote for my picture. Also congratulation for the others winners and other who share there pictures in the competition. I'm always amazed by the quantity and quality of pictures seeing in this site, for a newbe photographer like me it's always a good inspiration.
The reel winner here it's the owl, not only it's photogenic and find a nice spot but it's two times awarded. he's living in the Mt-Royal, a small mountain in the middle of the Montreal island at the border of the city center. The Mt-Royal are a small mountain but a big city park mainly composed of old forest. It's a welcome rest area for bird during the migration and especialy well know for warbler observation during that period.

Thanks again

Congatulations Avan - novice or not, your win was well deserved. :loveme:
Congratulations also to macshark and AndyByron, your entries were superb. :clap: :clap:
Thanks to everybody who entered. :hi:

Fantastic standard of pictures overall and a worthy winner. How on earth did you locate the owl in the first place, Avan?

Somebody told us that there an owl in this part of the forest. But they are a couple. we found one easely standing in a well rotten tree, but an other one respond to the one we found, we came three times with no success, looking at every hole from where we think the sound came from. we finaly found it, just over our head just beside the other owl.

Congratulations to Avan and macshark - those pictures were amazing. And thanks everyone for the kind comments on my picture. I'm very lucky to live so close to Attenborough and have a friendly neighbourhood bittern which occasionally shows off for the camera! The bittern arrived back a couple of weeks ago - and this year I have a 500mm lens to play with, so I'm hoping to get some good shots over the winter.

Cheers,
Andy

Congratulations to everybody who joined the competition and thanks to all who voted. Avan's and Andy Byron's pictures were certainly superb, and there were many other excellent pictures in the October 2006 competition gallery. This was certainly fun...

Owls rule!

:)

Many congratulations to all 3 of you! An excellent Owl Avan, you did well to even see it! Many congratulations to Macshark on his Owl as well & Andy also, beautiful photos and I loved the hidden Bittern!

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back